Very Chewy Molasses CookiesBy Kevin Riley
The dark and sticky molasses gives these devilish cookies a wonderful dark brown colour, a rich taste, and a soft, chewy texture. Bake a batch of these dark devils today.
Ingredients (35-40 cookies)
½ cup butter
½ cup natural cane sugar
¾ cup molasses
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F (180c).
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter.
3. Cream in the sugar.
4. With an electric mixer, beat in the egg and molasses. Mix until smooth.
5. In a medium bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients. Then, mix the dry mix into the wet.
6. Mound spoonfuls of batter on a buttered and floured baking sheet. Space 1” (2.5cm) apart.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Outside of cookie will be just slightly firm.
8. Cool for 4-5 minutes on the baking tray, and then transfer to a cooling rack.