Thick-Cut Oven Fried PotatoesBy
In The Devil’s Kitchen, we’ve never been big fans of skinny, deep-fried French fries. But, give us a thick-cut fry with the skin on, and we’re happy. Plunk a batch of these devilish delights into a piece of newspaper, and we’re blissfully sitting on a park bench and noshing.
Rather than going through the hassles of deep frying (and, what do you do with all that oil in the fryer?) try oven frying. It’s quick and easy. It gives you a golden fried potato which is incredibly fluffy and delicious inside. It’s even (dare we say?) healthy.
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
20-22 oz (4 med large or 570-620g) potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 450F (230c).
2. Scrub the potatoes and slice in half lengthwise. Then, cut into strips ½” (12mm) thick.
3. In a large bowl, toss the potato slices in the olive oil until well coated.
4. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the potatoes. Again, toss well.
5. Arrange the potato slices on a baking tray.
6. Bake for 30 min, until turning golden. Flip potatoes and return to the oven.
7. Bake for 5-10 more minutes.
Serve your tasty treats on a plate beside a juicy burger, with fish, with chicken, or … just by themselves on newspaper, to eat on a park beach or in the back yard.